Let’s make sure your home and possessions are adequately protected.

Earthquake Insurance

It doesn't take a strong earthquake to cause damage to your home or car. Even mild tremors can cause cracks in your foundation or damage to your personal belongings. People living in California know that earthquakes can happen with almost no warning. This is why earthquake insurance should be one of the 'must have' policies for every family.

Homeowners, renters, and condominium insurance policies do not cover damage from natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and landslides. Earthquake insurance can help pay for some of your losses.

Some questions about earthquake insurance include:

I have homeowners insurance. How can I get earthquake insurance?

If you have homeowners insurance in California, your company must offer to sell you earthquake insurance. It must offer this every other year.

Does earthquake insurance cover all damage from earthquakes?

No. There are limits on what earthquake insurance pays. The purpose of earthquake insurance is to help put a roof back over your head. It does not replace everything you may have lost.

What if I rent?

You can buy earthquake insurance to cover damage to your belongings and to pay for living somewhere else while your rented home is being repaired.

What if I have a condo?

You can buy earthquake insurance to cover damage to your belongings. It can also pay for living somewhere else while your condo is being repaired. You may also need insurance to help pay for your condo association assessment to repair your building. Talk to your condo association.

The California Earthquake Authority (CEA) provides most earthquake insurance in California. Visit the CEA website at www2.earthquakeauthority.com for more information.

Interested in an insurance proposal at no obligation or cost?

Need more personal insurance coverages?